This update includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
To get it, pick “Check for Updates” from the Arq menu, or download it from the product page.
Here are the details:
Release Notes for Arq Backup Version 1.6
Several performance improvements, including:
- Much faster collection of referenced objects for a backup version (used in verify-backups phase).
- Much faster caching of current S3 object list (used when backing up).
Several fixes to reduce the size of the cache in Library/Arq/Caches.noindex:
- Periodically consolidate “packs”, removing unused objects to save space.
- Delete invalid/obsolete cache files from disk.
- Changed default verify-backups interval from 1 day to 4 days.
And some other fixes:
- Fixed an issue where a network error wasn’t passed on to the user, resulting in an incompletely-restored file.
- Fixed issues with the pause feature.
- Updated the UI to reflect new S3 pricing.
- Fixed an issue with positioning the help bubble on the first setup window.